Condition reports and more…

It’s been a crazy week at the Social History Resource Centre. Everyday we work on condition reports of objects being unpacked or objects which will be used for exhibitions. With few people working at the institution and far too much work to do, we never seem to get around to conservation. I have written object check lists this week for the Irma Stern and Siliva Zulu exhibitions. Irma Stern is an upcoming one with some objects that will be installed by the conservators only so I might have a hand at that next week. Siliva Zulu was an exhibition that just came down so we had to do the condition reports in case there was any damage while it was on display. I did sort of learn how to remove mold from an object with just a brush and a vacuum. I also got a chance to prepare objects for fumigation (tools that Billy had unpacked last week), which I also had to write an object list with conservation recommendations. I finally managed to finish the deinstallation list for Sue Williamson, which I have been working on since last Wednesday. We will probably begin crossing paths with Emily next week since she is working on the

Advertisements

One thought on “Condition reports and more…

Comments are closed.