We’ll spend the first two weeks in South Africa exploring the range of art, culture, and heritage in Johannesburg and Cape Town…which means lots of field trips, meeting with artists, and making our own artwork.
Likely site visits include the following:
– Robben Island Museum (now designated a world heritage site by UNESCO) and the Nelson Mandela Gateway Museum
– District Six Museum (now a member, along with the National Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C., of the world’s association of Museums of Historic Conscience)
– Company’s Gardens
– Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
– Cape Point and Table Mountain National Park
– South African National Gallery – Iziko Museums